Cartographic Analyst, Data Scientist
Kevin Russell is a cartographic analyst and data scientist with the Indiana Geological and Water Survey. He began his career in the field of architecture before earning a M.S. in Geography from the University of Tennessee. Since joining the IGWS, he has focused on the communication of spatial data by leveraging technology and emerging methods in data science for analysis and visualization. He is an active member of the IndianaMap and StateMap development teams, and current mentor of the IU Data Science Consultancy Club.
Cartography, GIS, Data ScienceView all projects
- Petrophysical characterization, regional distribution, and geologic storage suitability of units within the Cambro-Ordovician sequence
- PfEC: Urban Green Infrastructure geospatial data portal development
- Incorporation of high-resolution Indiana GIS data into Flyover Country via Macrostrat
- 2017 StateMap Project 1_Logansport 1:100,000 scale quadrangle bedrock mapping
- Morphosequences & Deglaciation Record in Northern Indiana: Chronology of 3 lobes in the St. Joseph & Kankakee valleys - Coalition 2016