As the Education Outreach Coordinator, Polly Root Sturgeon oversees the Survey's public services, outreach programming, social media, and exhibits. She frequently presents and writes on topics related to Indiana geology to schools, industry professionals, and the general public. Her professional interests include interpretive writing, program and curriculum development, and object-based learning.
She holds a Master of Science with a specialization in Geoscience Education from Indiana University Bloomington. Polly earned her Bachelor of Science from Olivet Nazarene University.
- DEAS Temporary Collections Management
- Public Presentations and Tours
- IU Bicentennial: Uncovering the Hidden History of Megalonyx jeffersonii to Engage in Indiana University’s Natural History Collections
- Digitization PEN: Paleoniches on the western Cincinnati arch, the Ordovician of Indiana
- PfEC: Urban Green Infrastructure geospatial data portal development