Cartographic Specialist and Digital Collections Manager
As Cartographic Specialist and Digital Collections Manager, Matt oversees the production of both printed and interactive web maps, figure creation for publications, and provides support to the IGWS scientist and researchers with data visualization and techniques. He also manages the large digital archives of the organization, including but not limited to verifying metadata completeness, data organization, and project archiving.
He has been working as a professional cartographer for over fifteen years, including seven years with National Geographic Maps.
Matt holds a Bachelor of Science in Geography with a concentration in GIS from Appalachian State University which he earned in 2003.
- Locating and characterizing important springs of the Indiana Uplands
- IU Bicentennial: Uncovering the Hidden History of Megalonyx jeffersonii to Engage in Indiana University’s Natural History Collections
- Critical zone karst observatory
- State Park Geology Guides
- FY2019 USGS NGGDPP Grant: IGWS FAIR Data Initiative 2019 – Geochemistry and Critical Minerals