Assistant Director for Technical Services and Section Head, Information Technology
Rick Hill is the Assistant Director for Technical Services, Chief Information Officer, and Head of the Information Technology Section. He has served the Geological Survey in previous roles as Cartographer, Head Cartographer, Publications Manager, and Head of Information Technology Services. Rick offers his unique knowledge and experiences in mapping, publication production, geographic information systems, information technology, and management. In 2010 Rick was elected to serve the At-Large seat on the Indiana Geographic Information Council Board of Directors.
- FAQ--Petroleum Database Management System (PDMS)
- Online manuscript review process--using Adobe Acrobat review and comment features
- Implementing a Data Preservation Policy in a Geoscience Institution
- Preserving geoscience data--lessons learned in inventorying an institution
- Digital Archives and Metadata as Mechanisms to Preserve Institutional Memory