Geological Research at the IGS
Organizing 2019 Annual Meeting of the Society for Organic Petrology (TSOP) in Bloomington
||Apr 1, 2016
||May 9, 2019
Maria Mastalerz Arndt Schimmelmann
||To organize Annual Meeting of the Society for Organic Petrology (TSOP) in Bloomington, IN in September 2019.
||TSOP was founded in Houston, USA in 1984 to consolidate and foster the organizational activities related to organic petrology. The objectives of the Society, as listed in its bylaws are:
1) to promote research in organic petrology among members, and among scientific disciplines
2) to provide educational opportunities in organic petrology;
3) to work for acceptable classifications of all types of sedimentary organic matter;
4) to promote state-of-the-art technologies in organic petrology;
5) to enhance professional and scientific interactions among all scientists and engineers;
6) to inspire the highest standard of professional ethics of its members.
To accomplish these objectives, TSOP sponsors annual meetings, field trips, and short courses, publishes a quarterly newsletter, research reports and other scholarly works, organizes and supports collaborative research projects.