2022 Summer Programs
Learn more about the ground under your feet with our summer programs!
The IGWS welcomes adults, families, and youth of all ages to participate in our FREE summer programs. All events will take place in our Learning Lab, located in room 1011 of the Geology Building. Parking information is available here.
Storytime with the Survey
- Select Mondays, 10:00-10:30 a.m.
- June 13, June 27, July 18, August 1, August 15
- Look, listen, and have fun with picture book readings connected to objects in our collection. Recommended for families with children ages 18 months to 6 years.
- Select Tuesdays, drop-in for an hour between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- June 14, June 28, August 2, August 16
- Dive into a range of art-making practices and make your own artwork inspired by our collections. Makers of all ages, abilities, and levels of experience are welcome.
Campus Walking Tours
Explore the unique limestone architecture of the beautiful Indiana University campus with a walking tour. You'll be amazed at the styles, techniques and artistry represented on campus.
The walking tours run from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. All tours begin at the Sample Gates (at the corner of Kirkwood and Indiana Avenues) and cover approximately 1 mile along an accessible route.
- Friday, June 10
- Friday, June 17
- Saturday, July 23
- Friday, August 12
- Saturday, August 13
The Indiana Geological and Water Survey is committed to providing reliable, non-biased earth science information to Indiana's citizens through outreach programs and partnerships around the state. For a full schedule of events, visit the IGWS calendar on the home page.
March - October
June - October