Conodonts described in this paper show that the West Franklin Limestone Member of the Shelburn Formation and equivalent units are mostly of Desmoinesian age but are in part Missourian (Pennsylvanian). The sedimentation, stratigraphy and conodont paleoecology of the one to three limestone benches and immediately associated rocks are described and show generally nearshore, sometimes harsh conditions, with shifting areas of deposition.
Brown, L. M., and Rexroad, C. B., 2009, Conodont paleontology of the West Franklin Limestone Member of the Shelburn Formation (Pennsylvanian) in the southeastern part of the Illinois Basin: Indiana Geological Survey Special Report 68, 34 p. doi: 10.5967/d7gq-tv43
You may also like:
Can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to contact us directly:
Indiana Geological and Water Survey
1001 E. 10th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405
IGS Return Policy
- Original sales receipt required.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase date.
- Refund will be issued by the same method of payment as purchased.
- Products must be returned in the same new condition as purchased.
- Refunds on custom orders and digital products are NOT allowed.
- Customers are responsible for paying shipping costs to return products.