One hundred and fifty years ago marked the beginnings of a remarkable geologic odyssey funded by the State of Indiana. The legislature of this then pioneer state appropriated less and $2,000 annually for David Dale Owen to conduct a geological survey of the state. David Dale Owen accomplished much more than perhaps even the modern state legislature has yet realized.
Shaver, R. H., 1987, A field guide and recollections—the David Dale Owen years to the present, a sesquicentennial commemoration of service by the Geological Survey: Indiana Geological Survey Special Report 44, 65 p., 33 figs. doi: 10.5967/y9n8-1b19
You may also like:
Can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to contact us directly:
Indiana Geological and Water Survey
1001 E. 10th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405
IGS Return Policy
- Original sales receipt required.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase date.
- Refund will be issued by the same method of payment as purchased.
- Products must be returned in the same new condition as purchased.
- Refunds on custom orders and digital products are NOT allowed.
- Customers are responsible for paying shipping costs to return products.