The area including the Indiana Dunes State Park and Dunes National Lakeshore is unique in its diversity of geologic features and terrain. The forces of glaciers, wind, and water have combined over the eons to create picturesque morainal topography, a vast freshwater lake, great expanses of sand in the form of beaches and dunes, and bogs containing exotic plant species. Soon to be completely surrounded by an ever-expanding urban-industrial complex, the dunes area will remain as a lasting monument to the complexity and beauty of nature.
Hill, J. R., 1974, The Indiana Dunes—legacy of sand: Indiana Geological Survey Special Report 08, 9 p., 1 pl., 10 figs. doi: 10.5967/aevj-tz30
You may also like:
Can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to contact us directly:
Indiana Geological and Water Survey
1001 E. 10th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405
IGS Return Policy
- Original sales receipt required.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase date.
- Refund will be issued by the same method of payment as purchased.
- Products must be returned in the same new condition as purchased.
- Refunds on custom orders and digital products are NOT allowed.
- Customers are responsible for paying shipping costs to return products.