The Springfield Coal Member of the Petersburg Formation is the primary coal seam mined in Indiana. The Indiana Geological Survey has been collecting physical and chemical data and mapping the Springfield Coal for many years. This publication is the most comprehensive digital compilation of geologic information about the Springfield Coal in Indiana that is currently available from the Indiana Geological Survey. The database is accompanied by an interactive application that is a visual presentation of the Springfield Coal Member. It allows users to interactively search, explore, and compare data on coal properties. These data are important for regional coal-quality evaluations and can be used by the public, industry, and state and federal governments.
Drobniak, A., and Mastalerz, M., 2012, Interactive map of the Springfield Coal Member in Indiana: Indiana Geological Survey Report of Progress 41, 17 p., 1 fig.
You may also like:
Can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to contact us directly:
Indiana Geological and Water Survey
1001 E. 10th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405
IGS Return Policy
- Original sales receipt required.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase date.
- Refund will be issued by the same method of payment as purchased.
- Products must be returned in the same new condition as purchased.
- Refunds on custom orders and digital products are NOT allowed.
- Customers are responsible for paying shipping costs to return products.