This study presents a preliminary assessment of the potential of Indiana coals to be used in IGCC technology. It provides information about different types of gasifiers and discusses coal properties that influence gasification process as they relate to different gasifier types. This preliminary assessment of selected coal beds is made based on data available in IGS coal quality database. This study also identifies analytical areas in which more coal data are needed to provide adequate assessment. An extension of this study with more detailed evaluation of Indiana coals for IGCC can be found in Open File-Study 08-04.
Mastalerz, M., Drobniak, A., Rupp, J. A., and Shaffer, N. R., 2008, Assessment of the quality of Indiana coals for integrated gasification combined cycle (IGCC) performance–a preliminary report: Indiana Geological Survey Report of Progress 36, 54 p., 45 figs.
You may also like:
Can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to contact us directly:
Indiana Geological and Water Survey
420 N. Walnut St.
Bloomington, IN 47404
IGS Return Policy
- Original sales receipt required.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase date.
- Refund will be issued by the same method of payment as purchased.
- Products must be returned in the same new condition as purchased.
- Refunds on custom orders and digital products are NOT allowed.
- Customers are responsible for paying shipping costs to return products.