Laboratory tests show that some Indiana shales are potential sources of manufactures lightweight aggregate. Bloating, the process by which lightweight aggregates are manufactured is caused by various constituents acting singly or in combination. Chemical composition and mineral composition of the shales and particle-size distribution of the mineral constituents are interrelated, and all of these factors contribute to the bloating of shales.
Murray, H. H., and Smith, J. M., 1958, Lightweight aggregate potentialities of some Indiana shales: Indiana Geological Survey Report of Progress 12, 42 p., 7 figs., 1 pl.
You may also like:
Can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to contact us directly:
Indiana Geological and Water Survey
420 N. Walnut St.
Bloomington, IN 47404
IGS Return Policy
- Original sales receipt required.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase date.
- Refund will be issued by the same method of payment as purchased.
- Products must be returned in the same new condition as purchased.
- Refunds on custom orders and digital products are NOT allowed.
- Customers are responsible for paying shipping costs to return products.