Planning for the use of Indiana's coal resources requires accurate and concise information about the quality of those resources. This report provides convenient summaries of Indiana coal quality that can be used to evaluate the character of Indiana's coal resources and to estimate the quantity of resources that meet quality standards based on long proximate analytical characteristics. The coal resources of Indiana are divided into eighteen separate resources in this report. Each resource is a coal bed or group of coal beds of economic or stratigraphic importance. Brief descriptions summarize the distribution, character, and mining patterns of each resource. The long proximate analytical characteristics of each resource are summarized on an as-received, moisture-free, and moisture-ash-free basis using thickness-weighted descriptive statistics and cumulative plots of each analytical characteristic versus percent of the resource. Characterization of ash fusion is limited to the temperature range for each fusion state owing to limitations of the fusion data.
Hasenmueller, W. A., 1994, The quality of Indiana's coal resources: Indiana Geological Survey Occasional Paper 63, 45 p., 39 figs., 40 tables, 1 app.
You may also like:
Can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to contact us directly:
Indiana Geological and Water Survey
1001 E. 10th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405
IGS Return Policy
- Original sales receipt required.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase date.
- Refund will be issued by the same method of payment as purchased.
- Products must be returned in the same new condition as purchased.
- Refunds on custom orders and digital products are NOT allowed.
- Customers are responsible for paying shipping costs to return products.