ABSTRACT: On the basis of bedding-plane apparatus material from Montana and discrete-element collections from the Illinois Basin in Indiana and Illinois , the new Chesterian (Upper Mississippian) genus Vogelgnathus is named, and V. campbelli (Rexroad) and a new species are described. Vogelgnathus has a seximembrate (Pa, Pb, M, Sa, Sb, Sc) apparatus plan that is similar to Ozarkodina, Pandorinellina, Gnathodus, Hindeodus, Lochriea, and Diplognathodus but with notable differences. Gnathodus is the probable ancestor. Pa elements of the type species are abundant at the topotype section near Vogel School, St. Clair County, Ill., but the small component elements are uncommon to rare. These factors made initial recognition of this multielement genus difficult.
Norby, R. D., and Rexroad, C. B., 1985, Vogelgnathus, a new Mississippian conodont genus: Indiana Geological Survey Occasional Paper 50, 14 p., 4 figs., 1 table, 3 pl.
You may also like:
Can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to contact us directly:
Indiana Geological and Water Survey
1001 E. 10th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405
IGS Return Policy
- Original sales receipt required.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase date.
- Refund will be issued by the same method of payment as purchased.
- Products must be returned in the same new condition as purchased.
- Refunds on custom orders and digital products are NOT allowed.
- Customers are responsible for paying shipping costs to return products.