INTRODUCTION: The intent of this report is to summarize the results of the surface mapping program of Crane NSWC. This report compliments the report on the subsurface of the study area by Mark Barnhill. Aspects regarding the units mapped, possible geological structures, the Pennsylvanian-Mississippian unconformity, geomorphology, hydrology and paleontology will be discussed.
Kvale, E. 1992, Report on the surface geological mapping of Crane Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane, Indiana: Indiana Geological Survey Open-File Study 92-10, 5 p.
Notes: Publications in the Indiana Geological Survey Open-File series have been inconsistently named using a variety of series titles including "Open-File Report," "Open-File Map," and "Open-File Study." Prior to 1994, a publication in this series was generally referred to as an "Open-File Report" (but not always). To help reduce confusion created by these inconsistencies, the IGS now refers to every publication in the Open-File series as an "Open-File Study." To be entirely correct in writing a bibliographic reference for a publication, one should use the series name and number that appears on the publication itself.
You may also like:
Can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to contact us directly:
Indiana Geological and Water Survey
1001 E. 10th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405
IGS Return Policy
- Original sales receipt required.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase date.
- Refund will be issued by the same method of payment as purchased.
- Products must be returned in the same new condition as purchased.
- Refunds on custom orders and digital products are NOT allowed.
- Customers are responsible for paying shipping costs to return products.