This preliminary map is an interim geologic map product prepared to document progress accomplished during the second year of a multiyear project to map the bedrock geology of Morgan County, Indiana. The Mooresville West quadrangle is located in the north-central portion of the county where the oldest rock units subcrop in paleovalleys filled with glacial outwash deposits. All the outcropping and subcropping rocks in the map area are assigned to the Lower Mississippian formations of the Borden Group---in ascending order, the informal lower and upper divisions of the Spickert Knob Formation, and the Edwardsville Formation.
Rupp, R. F., McLaughlin, P. I., Bancroft, A. M., Hasenmueller, W. A., and Johnson, M. R., 2017, Preliminary map showing bedrock geology of the Mooresville West 7.5-minute quadrangle, Indiana: Indiana Geological Survey Open-File Study 17-03, scale 1:24,000.
You may also like:
Can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to contact us directly:
Indiana Geological and Water Survey
420 N. Walnut St.
Bloomington, IN 47404
IGS Return Policy
- Original sales receipt required.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase date.
- Refund will be issued by the same method of payment as purchased.
- Products must be returned in the same new condition as purchased.
- Refunds on custom orders and digital products are NOT allowed.
- Customers are responsible for paying shipping costs to return products.