This poster is composed of two maps. The first map shows transmission lines and natural gas pipelines in Indiana, including their capacities. In addition, coal-burning electric power plants and their capacity ranges are shown. The second map shows surface and underground coal mines, both active and abandoned, on a background of the bedrock systems in Indiana. Accompanying tables list active coal mines and existing power plants. This map is the updated version of IGS Open-File Study 06-03. A 2012 update of this map is available (Open-File Study 12-01).
Drobniak, A. , Mastalerz, M. , Shaffer, K. R. 2009, Coal, electricity, and gas transportation systems in Indiana - an update: Indiana Geological Survey Open-File Study 09-06
Notes: Map scales:1:500,000 and 1:325,000
You may also like:
Can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to contact us directly:
Indiana Geological and Water Survey
420 N. Walnut St.
Bloomington, IN 47404
IGS Return Policy
- Original sales receipt required.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase date.
- Refund will be issued by the same method of payment as purchased.
- Products must be returned in the same new condition as purchased.
- Refunds on custom orders and digital products are NOT allowed.
- Customers are responsible for paying shipping costs to return products.