This color geologic map of Lawrence County shows the distribution of bedrock units at the surface and immediately below the soil surface (where soil is present) at a scale of 1:48,000. Also shown are unconsolidated deposits associated with major drainages. Topography, produced from recently acquired LiDAR elevation data, is displayed on the map in shaded relief. Additional features include significantly disturbed land, commonly associated with mineral extraction, and major roads and highways. The map provides detailed geological information that can be used for resource assessment, hazards delineation, and infrastructure development.
Keith, B. D., Thompson, T. A., Herrmann, E. W., Rupp, R. F., and Hasenmueller, W. A., 2014, Geologic map of Lawrence County, Indiana: Indiana Geological Survey Miscellaneous Map 90, scale 1:48,000.
You may also like:
Keywords: geologic map, geologic units, limestone, Salem Limestone, bedrock geology, Norman Upland, Mitchell Plateau, Crawford Upland, Borden Group, Sanders Group, Blue River Group, West Baden Group, Raccoon Creek Group, Stephensport Group
Can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to contact us directly:
Indiana Geological and Water Survey
420 N. Walnut St.
Bloomington, IN 47404
IGS Return Policy
- Original sales receipt required.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase date.
- Refund will be issued by the same method of payment as purchased.
- Products must be returned in the same new condition as purchased.
- Refunds on custom orders and digital products are NOT allowed.
- Customers are responsible for paying shipping costs to return products.