This map depicts locations of active coal mines and mined-out areas, as well as the locations of coal-fired power plants in Indiana. In addition, infrastructure important for coal supply and utilization such as roads, railways, and water bodies are included. Accompanying tables provide current information about coal resources, production, and consumption. This publication was updated in 2009 (IGS Open-File Study 09-05) and in 2012 (Open-File Study 12-07).
Drobniak, A., Mastalerz, M., and Shaffer, K. R., 2006, Coal supply and demand in Indiana: Indiana Geological Survey Miscellaneous Map 72, scale 1:500,000.
You may also like:
Can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to contact us directly:
Indiana Geological and Water Survey
420 N. Walnut St.
Bloomington, IN 47404
IGS Return Policy
- Original sales receipt required.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase date.
- Refund will be issued by the same method of payment as purchased.
- Products must be returned in the same new condition as purchased.
- Refunds on custom orders and digital products are NOT allowed.
- Customers are responsible for paying shipping costs to return products.