This shaded-relief map is printed in full color on high-quality poster paper and measures 28 by 42 inches. The map was prepared using LiDAR data. It is a 1:500,000-scale map (1 inch on the map equals 7.89 miles) that provides a highly detailed depiction of the diverse landscapes of Indiana. Included on the map are highways and roads; lakes, rivers and streams; county seats; and population data. Elevations are represented by color, and this, in combination with IGS cartographers’ relief-shading techniques, gives the map a three-dimensional look. From across the room, one can easily see the incised landscape of the Wabash Valley or, in the northeastern part of the state, the subtle moraines left by retreating glaciers of the Ice Age. Closer up, the details of the uplands and river bottoms become readily apparent in the southern part of the state.
Johnson, M. R., and Russell, K. P., 2015, Indiana: Indiana Geological Survey Miscellaneous Map 100, scale 1:500,000.
You may also like:
Can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to contact us directly:
Indiana Geological and Water Survey
420 N. Walnut St.
Bloomington, IN 47404
IGS Return Policy
- Original sales receipt required.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase date.
- Refund will be issued by the same method of payment as purchased.
- Products must be returned in the same new condition as purchased.
- Refunds on custom orders and digital products are NOT allowed.
- Customers are responsible for paying shipping costs to return products.