Limestone Lives pays tribute to the skill and dedication of the men and women who work with stone. It combines striking photographic images with engaging oral histories, representing a range of voices of the workers themselves. We hear from sculptors, drill runners, stone polishers, planermen, forklift operators, a union leader and two stone company presidents. The book also features brief descriptions of the region's stone companies, a map locating Indiana limestone quarries and mills, and a look at how the industry has changed over the years.
Ferrucci, K. 2004, Limestone Lives—Voices from the Indiana Stone Belt: Quarry Books, an imprint of Indiana University Press Miscellaneous Item 48, 82 p.
You may also like:
Can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to contact us directly:
Indiana Geological and Water Survey
1001 E. 10th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405
IGS Return Policy
- Original sales receipt required.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase date.
- Refund will be issued by the same method of payment as purchased.
- Products must be returned in the same new condition as purchased.
- Refunds on custom orders and digital products are NOT allowed.
- Customers are responsible for paying shipping costs to return products.