The complete title of this map tells most of its contents: A New Gazetteer Map of Monroe County, Indiana: showing the Township Range Section and Quarter Sections, Names of the Civil Townships, the Outlines of each Persons Tract of Land with the Owners name thereon, the Streams, Rail Roads, State and County Roads, Towns, Villages, Post Offices, Public Buildings, Churches, School Houses, Mills, etc. The town of Bloomington with its additions and subdivisions, compiled with care from the United States Survey and County Records It also includes sketches of the Monroe County Court House, Indiana University and the M.C. Hunter Residence. There is an inset of statistics concerning the county as well as ads for several local businesses and a list of County Commissioners with districts indicated on the map. The name, J.B. McFadden Attorney & Counselor at law and collecting agency, Shelbyville IA, appears in the lower right corner of the map.
No author, 1856, A new gazetteer map of Monroe County, Indiana: Davis & Kennedy Robyn & Co. Lithographers.
You may also like:
Can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to contact us directly:
Indiana Geological and Water Survey
420 N. Walnut St.
Bloomington, IN 47404
IGS Return Policy
- Original sales receipt required.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase date.
- Refund will be issued by the same method of payment as purchased.
- Products must be returned in the same new condition as purchased.
- Refunds on custom orders and digital products are NOT allowed.
- Customers are responsible for paying shipping costs to return products.