This small black and white map is packed with details. Originally published in the 1882 Indiana Geological Report of the State of Indiana, the map accompanied a short article entitled “Indian Names of Water Courses in the State of Indiana ” by H.W. Beckwith, Esq., Danville, Illinois, under the section on Archaeology. Indian names of the waterways are provided in italics with common names in roman type. For example: Wabash R. Wah-bah-shih-ka. The article explains further by providing the origin of the names including tribe or nation.
Hough, Daniel, 1882, Indian names of lakes, rivers, towns, forts etc. of Indiana: Indiana Geological Report.
You may also like:
Can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to contact us directly:
Indiana Geological and Water Survey
1001 E. 10th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405
IGS Return Policy
- Original sales receipt required.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase date.
- Refund will be issued by the same method of payment as purchased.
- Products must be returned in the same new condition as purchased.
- Refunds on custom orders and digital products are NOT allowed.
- Customers are responsible for paying shipping costs to return products.