All beneficiation methods which were tested increase the purity of the sand above minimum high-silica specifications. The best results were obtained, however, with a water-washed sand placed in an 18 N solution of sulfuric acid for a period of 40 minutes at a temperature of 140ø C. This leaching method produced a sand that meets specifications for the first quality glass sand.
Pinsak, A. P. 1956, High-silica sand potentialities of the Ohio River Formation: Indiana Geological Survey Bulletin 09, 54 p., 7 fig.
You may also like:
Can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to contact us directly:
Indiana Geological and Water Survey
420 N. Walnut St.
Bloomington, IN 47404
IGS Return Policy
- Original sales receipt required.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase date.
- Refund will be issued by the same method of payment as purchased.
- Products must be returned in the same new condition as purchased.
- Refunds on custom orders and digital products are NOT allowed.
- Customers are responsible for paying shipping costs to return products.