"Megajeff" is a nearly complete skeleton of a Megalonyx jeffersonii giant ground sloth that once existed within the natural history collections at Indiana University. Surviving fossilization, railroad transport, and fire, the specimen was ultimately destroyed by a lack of understanding of the importance of natural history collections.
Sturgeon, P. R., Mowery, N. B., and Motz, G. J., 2019, Resurrecting Megajeff--uncovering the hidden history of IU’s lost Megalonyx jeffersonii: Indiana Geological and Water Survey Digital Information 22, https://igws.indiana.edu/megajeff.
You may also like:
Can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to contact us directly:
Indiana Geological and Water Survey
420 N. Walnut St.
Bloomington, IN 47404
IGS Return Policy
- Original sales receipt required.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase date.
- Refund will be issued by the same method of payment as purchased.
- Products must be returned in the same new condition as purchased.
- Refunds on custom orders and digital products are NOT allowed.
- Customers are responsible for paying shipping costs to return products.