Since 1975, the Indiana Geological and Water Survey has collected coal stratigraphic data in accordance with the National Coal Resources Data System. This cooperative project with the U.S. Geological Survey generates, updates, and maintains coal resource information, including coal location, thickness, depth, stratigraphic position, and surrounding rock data. This interactive application allows users to interactively search, explore, and compare coal stratigraphic data. These data are important for regional coal resource evaluations and can be used by the public, industry, and state and federal governments.
Drobniak, A., Mastalerz, M., and Johnson, M. R., 2017, The Indiana Geological and Water Survey Coal Stratigraphic Database: Indiana Geological and Water Survey Digital Information 15, https://igws.indiana.edu/IGSMap/CoalStratigraphicDatabase.
You may also like:
Can't find what you're looking for? Feel free to contact us directly:
Indiana Geological and Water Survey
1001 E. 10th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405
IGS Return Policy
- Original sales receipt required.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of purchase date.
- Refund will be issued by the same method of payment as purchased.
- Products must be returned in the same new condition as purchased.
- Refunds on custom orders and digital products are NOT allowed.
- Customers are responsible for paying shipping costs to return products.