← Staff Listing
Charly earned a Master’s Degree in geology from Vanderbilt University. He found significant quantities of oil and gas during 13 years of employment with major and independent petroleum producers. Since joining the IGS in 1988, he has written more than 100 petroleum-related articles and papers and worked with colleagues to design the IGS’s online Petroleum Database Management System (PDMS)—the Survey’s main method for distributing petroleum data to the public.
subsurface stratigraphy, reservoir studies, carbonate depositional systems
- FAQ--Petroleum Database Management System (PDMS)
- Laissez-faire geology--hacks and whacks at systems tracks [sequence stratigraphy article]
- Finding the twelve thousand “lost wells” in the Trenton oil and gas field of Indiana [abs.]
- Indiana Geological Survey’s Petroleum Database Management System--GIS and RBDMS
- Development of a new geothermal database for the Illinois Basin