NOTE: Before contacting an archive, be sure that you have recorded the following information for your historical aerial photo of interest: county,
year, and identification number (Photo_ID). Each archive has its own fee schedule.
- The Indiana Geological Survey has an archive of historical aerial photographs that contains almost 40,000 photos. Currently, we offer scanned images (600 d.p.i., JPEG format) at a cost of $10 per photo (plus taxes). We also offer a 20% discount on order of 50 or more photos.
- The Indiana State Archives (ISA) has a paper archive of historical aerial photographs that contains more than 100,000 photos. See their Web page for a list of holdings. Contact the ISA for information regarding availability of particular photos, as well as fees that are charged for copying photos.
- Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) formerly possessed an archive of historical aerial photos for selected counties in central Indiana.
- Historical Information Gatherers, Inc. (HIG) has a digital archive of historical aerial photographs that were scanned from the IGWS archive. Contact HIG for information regarding availability of particular photos, as well as fees that are charged for obtaining copies.
- Geography and Map Library, Indiana University formerly possessed an archive of historical aerial photos for various counties. However, that collection is now in the possession of the Indiana Geological and Water Survey (IGWS). Contact the IGWS for information regarding the availability of particular photos.